Product Empties #1

I've made a mental note on numerous occasions to sit down and write a post about the empty bottles that have been accumulating in the corner of my room since 2014, yet somehow over a year on, I still haven't quite got round to pressing publish. Until now. I'm the sort of person who has to thoroughly test a product over a long period of time to ensure that it doesn't negatively affect my skin and also just to assure myself (and the readers of my blog) that I have full knowledge and experience of the product before I publish a post about it. Therefore, I figured that writing about products that I've trialled until the very end would mean that I have had both the time and experience to form a rounded and honest opinion towards them. So yeah, without any further ado (sorry to bore you as per!), let's get on with the reviews. I've wittled them down to a few of my faves to keep it short and sweet (though, let's face it, I don't do short and sweet when it comes to blogging!)

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, £4.99


I reckon just the sheer fact that I've repurchased this more times than both my fingers and toes combined could count pretty much speaks for itself. Lets's be real, this product is basically any beauty-lover's staple, and quite honestly, it's a miracle worker. Ever since trialing this several years back, I've been a micellar water convert and there's no going back. Micellar waters seemed somewhat revolutionary when they stormed the blogging scene back in 2014 (crazy how time flies!), and it still amazes me how such a gentle product can remove even the most waterproof of mascara. If you're new to the whole concept of micellar water and are a bit baffled as to what on earth I'm on about, it is essentially a water based remover which gently dissolves makeup and removes any remaining impurities from the skin to leave it feeling cleansed and refreshed. The product itself is incredibly easy to use; simply take a cotton pad (or two) and soak it with micellar water before sweeping the pad across your face to remove all traces of makeup. Contrary to what some may think, micellar water is not in any way corrosive and has been dermatologically tested to ensure safe usage. I've tried several micellar waters in my time, but I've got to say that Garnier's version has worked wonders for my skin. So, will I be buying this again? I already have!

Soap & Glory Mist You Madly Body Spray, £4.00 for 100ml


Anyone who knows me (and even those who don't) can rest assured that I'm a self-confessed Soap & Glory fanatic. Seriously, is there anything better than pearlescent pink packaging and opulent scents? I think not. For me, Soap & Glory epitomises my skin and body care needs, and bundles them up neatly in an opalescent bottle. But anywayyy, to avoid going off topic here (though that does seem to be my talent in life), I should probably get back to focusing on the product in hand instead of rambling on. To put it as bluntly as possible, this is hands-down one of my favourite scents to date. I'm not one for describing scents, but the warm vanilla undertones to this floral fragrance is absolute bliss. For such a subtle scent that does overpower the senses, this has surprisingly lengthy lasting power, What I love about this particular product is its handbag-friendly size - it's blissfully easy to just drop this into your bag before heading out for an instant uplift whilst you're on the go. Plus, it's airplane friendly too, so great for travel. So, will I be repurchasing this product again? You've guessed it - I already have!

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Mist, £9.99
 

I'm a massive fan of the L'Oreal Elvive range, and have been an avid user of their Extraordinary Oil for quite some time, and so was rather curious to give their Extraordinary Oil Mist a quick test-run to see if it was up to scratch. Spoiler alert: it is. Although I do adore the oil alternative to this, I do find that it can occasionally feel somewhat heavy on my hair, and it can be a struggle to work it into dry hair. However, with this mist, those dilemmas are virtually eradicated. A couple of spritzes of this wonder-worker leaves your hair feeling sumptuously smooth while remaining effortlessly weightless. Additionally, a spritz here and there allows your locks to obtain a lightweight luminescence without appearing the slightest bit greasy. I'd say this is a win-win all round. Something tells me Boots have discontinued this product as I haven't been able to find it in store for months, but I'm pretty sure you can pick it up on Amazon if you want to give it a whirl! In terms of repurchasing, I would be happy to chuck this in my basket once again!

Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer, £4.99




Any old-school follower of mine is likely to remember the days where all I ever did was rave about this product. Wow, throwback. But seriously, it was genuinely featured in almost every post I ever published. Admittedly, this product hasn't featured in my skincare routine for quite some time now, though reminiscing on it now (perhaps through rose-tinted spectacles), I'm not 100% sure why that is. I suppose I've become a little lazy on the makeup front and haven't been priming my skin quite as I should be doing. Anyway, back in the day, this primer was an absolute staple in my daily routine. And as far as I can remember, it did a pretty good job in prepping my skin for makeup application, as well as maintaining hydration throughout the day. The only slight downfall of this product is its lack of SPF. I don't know about you, but SPF content is an absolute must-have for me when it comes to moisturisers, and the lack of its presence in this primer does somewhat limit the likelihood of me repurchasing it. Despite this, I definitely do need to get my primer game back on, so if there's any you'd recommend, feel free to leave them in the comments below! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment, £14.95 



Haircare is an aspect of beauty that I often neglect when it comes to blogging, but when it comes to hair products as good as this, it's hard to resist shouting from the rooftops. Although I've never bleached my hair, the lengths and ends of it can often wind up appearing limp and lifeless as a result of daily straightening and overwashing. However, just a splodge of this deep conditioner and all of those problems float away, leaving your hair revived and regenerated. Though this is described as a 'daily treatment', I tend to use it more on a weekly basis as a deep-conditioning treatment which really allows the product time to get to work detangling and de-frizzing my mane. I must have bought this a while back now as the packaging has changed somewhat to the one shown in this picture, but the contents are identical and I will undoubtedly be stocking up on this to keep my hair looking luminous throughout the summer.

So there we have it! Not exactly short and sweet, but it was close enough. Hope you enjoyed today's post - I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things so bear with me, but hopefully everything will be up and running swimmingly in the not-too-distant future!

Thanks again,
Lucy x 

Comments