A New Foundation Favourite? // Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum

Oh hey there! Long time no see and all that jazz. I won't bore you with another post of me wittering on about how much I missed blogging during my (almost year-long...oops!) hiatus, and I also won't overload you with empty promises of posting on a weekly basis, as it could take some time for me to readjust to the blogging life.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in Vanille Clair (please excuse my current photo setup - hopefully I'll get things looking more presentable again soon!)

But anyway, what did I say about not wittering on?! I guess I should just cut to the chase and get on with what you actually came here for - my review of the much-loved Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. Now, I realise that I'm a little (aka extremely) late to be jumping on this bandwagon, but I'm so glad that I gave into the hype and decided to give it a whirl. I've been loyal to Rimmel foundations for as long as I can remember, but in the last month or so the winter weather began to take its toll on my skin to the point where I could no longer wear foundation without it clinging to any dry patches in unsightly orange clumps. But this is where the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum swooped in and saved the day (and my complexion). 

For anyone who hasn't already read countless reviews of this product, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is retailed as a radiance-boosting gel-based foundation which provides the skin with a light coverage semi-matte finish. It's essentially a healthy glow in a bottle, which is enough to make any beauty lover weak at the knees. Generally speaking, I tend to opt for foundations that provide a slightly denser coverage as I suffer slightly from pigmentation and redness, especially on my cheeks, so choosing a less concealing product meant I was branching out of my comfort zone a little. However, I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the coverage that such a lightweight product provides. Of course, it isn't completely forgiving of every imperfection on the skin, but let's face it, is anything?! I find that just a few pumps of this works a complete miracle in evening out my complexion to give the appearance of smooth and toned skin. Because of the semi-matte finish of this foundation, it also works wonders in reviving the skin and banishing any indication of dullness or fatigue. I have quite dry skin, especially around this time of the year, yet this foundation doesn't cling to any parched patches of skin. I reckon it probably has something to do with the gel formulation of the product, something which I was admittedly a little sceptical about upon purchase. As foundations go, I would say that this one is pretty moisturising - it supposedly lasts for 16 hours, which is an impressively long period of time (if it's actually true!), and I almost feel like you could get away with skipping the pre-application moisturising sesh, which is normally a pretty good indication of the hydrating quality of a product.

So there we go! I'm still pretty new to this product, but I'm bowled over by my first impressions of it, and hopefully it will continue to amaze me! Thank you for reading this post, I'm still easing back into this whole blogging malarkey so sorry that it's not top notch (though I don't think anyone even reads this blog anymore phahaha) Hopefully see you soon with another post!

Lucy x 

Comments