W7 Hollywood Bronze & Glow | Review



Charlotte Tilbury's Bronze & Glow is a firm favourite amongst 99% of the blogging community, but its luxurious (and ridiculously hefty) pricetag of almost £50 can be a bit of a stretch for most. So, when I was casually browsing Amazon and stumbled across the W7 Hollywood Bronze & Glow which was priced at just £4.89 and with both packaging and product mimicking the iconic CT original, I was quick to brand this the perfect dupe. That being said, I don't actually own the CT palette, and so can't say for definite whether the W7 product is comparable to the original, however I am assured that from an initial perspective they are very similar. 

I must be honest and say that I'm really not the biggest fan of W7's choice of packaging when it comes to this product. Whilst the CT comes encased in an elegant rose gold tin which channels inspiration from 1920s cigarette packets, the W7 version is sheathed in plastic, immediately giving the product a much cheaper aura. 

However, packaging aside, W7 may be  on to a bit of a winner when it comes to the powders themselves. Whilst I'm not really one for orange-toned or shimmery highlighters, especially for contouring, this powder is surprisingly pigmented for the price, and the finely milled shimmer would compliment tanned skin perfectly. However, it doesn't do my pale complexion many favours at all, so I think I'll be sticking to matter and cooler-toned bronzers in the future. 

The highlight, on the other hand, is a pearlescent champagne-pink which gives a dazzling luminescence when swept along the cheekbone. It isn't as finely milled as the contour side of the palette, so a little goes an awful long way and a light hand is most definitely needed to ensure that you don't appear to have bathed your cheeks in glitter! 

To conclude (wow, this feels waaaaay too much like a formal essay), I would say that this palette is a brilliant budget buy and a great alternative to the pricier version of the product. However, after having watched numerous YouTube videos in which people have applied CT's Bronze & Glow, I have noticed a considerable difference in the way that the two products perform, and would probably not go as far as claiming this as the perfect dupe. That being said, I do still think that it is a decent product when taking into consideration its much more budget-friendly pricetag. Whether I'll be buying it again is an entirely different matter, but I have been impressed with the longevity of subtleness of the highlight side on the occasions where I have applied it. 

Thank you for reading this post! Have you tried the W7 Hollywood Bronze & Glow? 

Lucy x 

Comments