My Five Product Face

A tag that seems to have been orbiting the blogosphere recently is the 'Five Product Face Tag'. I often find myself in a bit of a rush in the mornings and so thought I would try to whittle my face down to just five products (which, I admit, does sound rather tricky!) in order to create a minimalistic look (and allow an extra five minutes for breakfast because priorities and all that!) So without further unnecessary ramble, let's get cracking! 


My first product of choice is undoubtedly the Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Multi-Targeted BB Cream (£20) Although this is a BB cream, the coverage is phenomenal and the product blends seamlessly into the skin. It is also incredibly hydrating, essentially acting as a moisturiser, and provides an astonishing SPF30 to protect your skin over the course of the day. One thing I must point out is that this is definitely more of a summer product to me as the shades run a little darker than average, and the fairest shade which is creatively called Shade 01, is definitely slightly on the orangey side and so, for me, looks a lot more natural with a bit of a tan! Despite this little mishap, I do find that this instantly awakens my skin and induces a ravishing radiance to give you the perfect 'my-skin-but-better' effect! 


To keep in theme with the dewy skin (and so as not to needlessly waste the mere four slots I have remaining), I'll be skipping the powder on this occasion and opting for a blusher instead. I'm a huge fan of cream blush as of late, and have been absolutely adoring the Topshop Cream Blush in 'Head Over Heels' (£7) I find that this blends effortlessly to produce a gorgeously subtle pigmentation to the skin which immediately awakens my complexion.


For my eyeshadow, I'm taking my trusty Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics (£23) palette and sweep the shade 'Frisk' across my lid before defining my crease with the shade 'Primal'. I would then take a much finer brush, such as the Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush, and use the shade 'Undone' close to my upper lash line to give the illusion of fuller and more voluminous lashes. 


Then, to enhance my eyelashes, I'm predictably turning to the one and only Benefit Roller Lash (£19.50) The curved shape of the mascara wand hooks onto each individual lash and teases them into a fixed curl which stays put all day. Since trying this mascara out, no other quite compares when it comes to lifting and lengthening my lashes. 


Finally, for my lips I'm using the Wet n Wild Matte Lipstick in 'Bare It All' (around £4.50). The shade of this lipstick is actually very much comparable to Mac's Velvet Teddy, and I find that it is such an easy shade to wear on an everyday basis. Despite its matte finish, it is not at all drying on the lips and has a lasting time of around 4 hours before reapplication is required. 

So there we have it- my five product face! I hope that you enjoyed this post! Which products would your five product face consist of?

Lucy x 

Comments