My Everyday Skincare Routine



When penning my New Years resolutions back in January, it suddenly occurred to me just how much I was neglecting my skin. Although I moisturised both day and night and cleansed whenever I could be physically bothered (which became an increasing rarity), my skin just never felt nurtured. So, as one of my many resolutions, I decided to concoct a skincare regime and actually stick to it. Although this proved rather difficult to start with, one month on I'm now in full swing with the routine and actually look forward to it- say what?! 

Morning Routine: 

Step 1: Exfoliate



You may remember that I used to use the Nivea Gentle Exfoliating scrub to buff away any dry or chapped skin. However, it always used to cause crimson rashes to spread like wildfire across my cheeks, and despite originally thinking that this was simply down to my scrubbing the skin too harshly, it soon came to my understanding that the reason why my cheeks felt ablaze each and every time I applied it was actually due to my sensitive skin being more than a little allergic to some of the ingredients... Whoops! So once that had been dumped in the bin and scribbled off of my 'to repurchase' list, I then turned to my old friend, the Superdrug Tea Tree Exfoliating Scrub as an alternative, and in doing so completely rekindled my love for it. Due to its much smaller exfoliating beads, this scrub is much gentler on the skin but still leaves it feeling smooth and rejuvenated! If you've got sensitive and/or spot prone skin, I'd definitely recommend giving this a whirl. 

Step 2: Cleanse



Keeping in theme with tea tree oil products, I've also been pretty keen on the Superdrug Tea Tree Facial Wash, which goes hand in hand with my favoured exfoliator. This gives your skin a quick reenergise, leaving it feeling fresh and clean as can be. Thanks to the addition of tea tree oil, a natural skin remedy, this product also helps to combat acne and keep your skin clear as day. 

Step 3: Moisturise




During the wintertime my skin becomes increasingly dry, and so moisturising is a must in order to avoid any nasty chapping. For this, I use my Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer. This is specifically tailored to hydrate dry and sensitive skin types as well as prepping and priming the face ready for application of makeup. I find that this absorbs into the skin seamlessly and has a somewhat toning effect, smoothing out any imperfections to create a more even-looking skin tone. Thanks to the addition of Hydra IQ technology, moisture is locked in all day long to give endlessly soft and well-nourished skin. 
The skin under my eyes can also become growingly dry during the winter months, so I recently invested in a moisturising eye gel in order to combat the chap. I purchased the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Eye Cream, which has fast become one of my skincare necessities. This is a wonderfully light cream that absorbs easily into the skin 

Evening Routine: 

Step 1: Makeup Removal
Immediately after I get home, I always remove all traces of makeup from my face to allow my skin a bit of breathing time. To do this, I take my Garnier Micellar Water and gently remove any remaining product from my face. Although this is a very gentle product, it does help to remove impurities too, meaning that your skin can be kept clear of any festering bits of makeup that can cause an abundance of spots to rear their nasty heads. Sometimes my eye makeup is a little stubborn and refuses to be removed by micellar water. In these cases, I reach for my Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover. This consists of two phases; the first oily to remove even the most waterproof of makeup, and the second is aqueous to cleanse the delicate eye area and remove any greasy residue that may have remained from the oil. (Being the complete and utter idiot I am, I completely forgot to take photos of these- sorry for any inconvenience!) 

Step 2: Cleanse



Although most of my makeup has been removed by this point, you never truly no what's left lingering. In order to keep acne at a minimum, I then take the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser. After seeing so many raving reviews regarding Liz Earle's notorious Cleanse & Polish, I was pretty determined to try it out but couldn't quite justify spending £15 on a product that I wasn't even sure I would like all that much. So, being the cautious (and stingy) buyer I am, I opted for the safer option and decided to give Superdrug's alternative a quick test-run. And I must say, I'm absolutely loving it. A little really does go a long way with this and my skin always feels sumptuously soft after its use. The great thing about this is that it is an ever-so gentle exfoliant, which helps to buff away any impurities and/of dry skin without being too abrasive on the skin. At just a third of the price of the higher-end alternative, this a brilliant budget buy! 

Step 3: Moisturise



If you hadn't already have guessed, I (of course) always use the Nivea Daily Essentials Regenerating Night Cream to keep my skin hydrated through the night. Although this is quite a thick consistency and does take a while to be entirely absorbed, it leaves the skin feeling fully rejuvenated and with a muh softer touch. This is the perfect deep-hydration cream to lock in moisture and keeping your skin sublimely smooth.

Step 4: A Special Treat! 



Every week or so, I treat myself to a face mask (or two!) There really is nothing quite like a good old pampering session with a deep-cleansing mask to restore and refresh tired skin. Whenever a pamper sesh is on the cards, I always stock up on the Flower Power Botanic Extract Lavender Soothing Facial Mask to ensure that my skin gets a replenishing cleanse.

At long last, that's it for my skincare routine.Thank you for reading (if you actually got this far!), I appreciate it greatly! 

What are your skincare essentials? 

Lucy x 

Comments