The Monthly Review | Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser


After purchasing the September edition of Company last week, I was over the moon to find a sample sachet of Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. I'd heard a lot of mixed reviews regarding this product- some adored it whilst others found it to break them out- so I'd been debating whether it would be worth purchasing or not. Therefore, when I found it encased within the magazine, I was pretty eager to try it out. 

I have pretty noticeable pores on the end of my nose and, for me, they're beginning to become a bit of an insecurity, especially when I go without makeup. Although exfoliating does help to soften them up slightly, the effect of this isn't as long-lasting as I'd have hoped. However, according to Maybelline, Baby Skin will supposedly solve this issue, claiming that 'new insta-blur technology filters light and skin looks visibly smoother'. Armed with this rather hyped-up sachet, I prepared to put this statement to the test.



I applied a hearty amount of the product to the places where I felt pores were most abundant: across my cheeks and along my nose. I was slightly concerned about the gel formula and texture of the product but after application, it absorbed thoroughly into my skin a short space of time and left it feeling sublimely smooth. The appearance of my pores seemed slightly diminished but they were still vaguely visible, making me doubt Maybelline's claim of 'flawless skin'. Although it didn't alter the visibility of my pores as much as I had hoped, my skin did feel nourished by the product and after I applied make up over the top, I realised what a wonderful primer this would make! It also works wonders in concealing shiny complexions. 

Have you tested out Maybelline's Baby Skin yet? If so, what did you think of it? 

Lucy x 

(Ps, please note that I'm on holiday for the next week so it is unlikely that I'll be able to post until September- sorry for my absence!)

Comments